Most Effective Home Remedies For Swollen Gums
The gums are an extremely sensitive part of the oral cavity and are exposed to direct contact with many bacteria which, if not removed with proper hygiene, can lead to inflammation, redness, and irritation of the gums. The presence of plaque is one of the main reasons that cause problems in the health of the gums, but there are also other factors that influence its swelling. If you want to know in detail why the gums are irritated and to know the most frequent causes, pay attention to the following article of most effective home remedies for swollen gums.
Common Causes Of The Swollen Gums:
- The most common cause of swelling of the gums is the condition of gingivitis. It is a mild gum disease that causes inflammation, irritation, redness, swelling and even bleeding when brushing or flossing. This is usually caused by an accumulation of bacterial plaque, which contains bacteria that attack the gums causing inflammation. It is essential to maintain an adequate oral hygiene to avoid its appearance and visit the dentist as soon as the first symptoms are noticed, otherwise this condition will progress and worsen, which may lead to a periodontitis resulting in irreversible deterioration of the teeth.
- The abnormal alignment of teeth, medically called malocclusion, is another condition that can answer the question why the gums become inflamed. This prevents the upper teeth from engaging well with the lower teeth, making it difficult to bite, causing alterations in the gums and even difficulties in mouth breathing and to speak in the most serious cases. It requires an orthodontic treatment to correct the position of the teeth and avoid periodontal diseases and disorders in the joints and muscles that are responsible for chewing.
- However, there are also cases where poorly made fillings, poorly placed crowns or dentures, and other poorly adjusted dental appliances can end up causing the gums to become inflamed, reddened, and severe discomfort. In these cases, you should go to the dentist as soon as possible to correct what is necessary.
- Another possible cause of swelling of the gums is fungal infections that affect the oral cavity, such as candidiasis. This causes the appearance of white plaques in the mouth, discomfort when swallowing, swelling of the gums and bleeding when brushing the teeth. To cure it is essential to undergo an antifungal medical treatment to completely eradicate the infection.
- The hormonal changes that occur in stages during puberty, pregnancy or menopause may also involve the gums to swell a bit. And is that during these times, the gums are much more sensitive to the toxic substances that accumulate in the oral cavity, and it is normal to end up irritated, reddened and even bleeding slightly.
- There are certain systemic diseases such as diabetes, leukemia, and AIDS that cause lesions in the mouth as well as inflammation of the gums. Gum diseases such as gingivitis and periodontitis are more frequent and intense in patients who have a weakened immune system, hence the importance of extreme oral hygiene and going to the dentist more regularly.
Do not forget to go to your dentist before the first symptoms of swelling in the gums to rule out more serious health problems. In the article Most Effective Home Remedies For Swollen Gums you can find some tips to help relieve the discomfort they generate.
People tend to neglect their oral health care. Brushing the teeth strongly can make a bleeding gum stop bleeding.
Removing plaque and tartar also help to stop swollen in the gum. If you have dental problems or problems with your mouth, see your dentist about making your bleeding gum stop bleeding.
Eventually, teeth can become loose and may have to be removed.
Home Remedy for Swollen gum
Cinnamon is a spice famous for its captivating scent and its delicious flavor that is also part of the swollen gums remedies due to its wonderful fragrance.
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One glass of mineral water
Steps to follow:
Pour cinnamon powder into the glass of water.
Remove with a spoon and use the liquid to gargle several times a day, especially after meals.
Remember that you will have to expel the water with cinnamon after the realization of the gaggers and that it will not be necessary that you ingest it.
Naturessmile For Swollen Gums
Nature’s smile Gum Balm not only provides effective removal of plaque and strengthens the enamel structure, protecting teeth from decay, but also has a beneficial effect on the gums and soft tissues of children and adults by preventing inflammation of the gums and toning mucous. Nature smile Gum Balm made from natural herbs ideal for healthy Gums naturally.